(from Pagani Press Release)
PAGANI, the brand behind the award-winning Zonda C 12 S supercar, unveiled
on March 4th 2003 at the Geneva Auto Show his last creation: Zonda Roadster.
To be produced in a strictly limited edition of 40 completely made-to-measure
cars, the Zonda Roadster reflects PAGANI's philosophy: marrying the most
innovative technology to the loving care of the "artigiano" handwork.
The new Zonda Roadster has been designed around truly innovative technology ideas
with special care to given to safety.
- the new carbon fiber central chassis structure features high structural rigidity level:
18.000 Nm/degree in torsional rigidity, 9.000 N/mm in flexional rigidity, for a dry
weight of 1280 Kg;
- the roll bar, elliptical in section, is built out of carbon and chrome-molybdene alloy
and is linked to the rear section of the chassis through a finely handworked Ergal
- the full-carbon body shows a new engine hood configuration, and a new front hood
design where two NACA air vents work as air extractors;
- the 7.3 Mercedes Benz AMG engine transmits its 555HP/750Nm power and it is
controlled by the Traction Control and ABS safety systems already used in the
- the wheels, adding to the car’s unique styling and technology, are a Fomb- APP
creation, one piece forged in aluminum. The tires 255/35/19 and 345/35/19 have
been specially developed for the Zonda by Michelin.
The personalization of the product, a PAGANI’s exclusivity, is realized according to the
car owner’s choice of materials and details such as rare leathers, hand-tailored by
PAGANI's own team of craftsmen, or bespoke components in aluminum and carbon fiber.
The result is a symphony of sights, aesthetic elements, smells and sounds that
matches the taste and personality of the lucky driver.
Every Zonda Roadster will be an extraordinary and very personal object of desire with
his own history. Every Zonda Roadster is and will be a “a Car with a Soul”.