(from BMW Press
Release) The BMW Concept CS.
• Concept study of a
four-door Gran Turismo for the luxury segment.
• Modern, sophisticated surface design bearing testimony to a
supreme standard of craftsmanship and experience in moulding
• The very essence of brand values so typical of BMW in a new
segment ensuring a perfect combination of superior dynamics and
• Modern interpretation of the premium concept ensured by
extreme precision in every design detail, choice of the most
refined materials, and perfect craftsmanship.
• Previously unseen combination of vehicle dimensions and weight
ensured by consistent implementation of lightweight strategies.
• European-style aesthetics, clear emphasis on the car’s
stretched look, low-slung roof-line, low centre of gravity,
extremely long wheelbase (see “Exterior and Interior
• Innovative interior design with layered surfaces, clearly
defined joints serving a functional purpose.
• Clearly defined, sporting seat position for four occupants.
• Sporting, sleek
and low-slung all-round look as an expression of
a four-door Gran Turismo.
• Highly expressive, dynamic front-end design with the striking
BMW kidney grille as the central highlight.
• Prominently positioned BMW kidney grille to ensure a good
of cooling air to the engine.
• Re-interpretation of BMW’s classic contour line at the side,
door handlers fitted flush in position as a consistent testimony
to the car’s attractive sculpture.
• Powerfully flared wheel arches, 21-inch light-alloy wheels,
body width increasing towards the rear and thus emphasising
the sporting, wide track of the car.
• Flowing roof area with aerodynamically optimised contours.
• Innovative headlights with LED reverse projection technology
and extremely slender rear lights behind clear glass. Night
design with homogeneous light bodies.
highly aesthetic interior design with layered surfaces (layer
design concept) and clearly defined functional joints.
• Driver-oriented cockpit with clear ergonomic structuring of
functions relevant to the driver and oriented towards superior
comfort in the controls and displays.
• Layer design concept also applied to the design of the double
circular dials to provide clearly structured information on
several visual levels.
• Focus on the joints and seams around the body panels serving
to consciously use air venting and ambient interior illumination
• Supreme exclusivity and perfect craftsmanship in the finish of
the interior highlighted by contrasting colours and surfaces in
different kinds of leather.
• Introduction of particularly sophisticated, powerful-looking
ceramics as the material for the controls and instruments.
• Innovative sports seats with a fold-up collar element.