(From Vizualtech Press Release) This is a concept Chevy from
The idea came up when discussing what a "tame" car Chevrolet has
become (at least models sold in Europe). It feels like it's just
Korean Japan copies
with a Chevy badging. Bear in mind that I was a car nut in the
days, and terms like SS-427 and LS-7, ZL-1 just can leave me alone.
Chrysler 300C is a great success even in Europe, and that's when I
along with a Swedish magazine to see what a freelance designer could
do in a
couple of weeks.
The mission was to make a near production design but still a
started to outline the basics I wanted to have in the design:
1. Must be Big as we feel a American car used to be.
2. Design elements from the past great Chevy's and great GM cars to
something else, and recognizable (restore the brand)
3. Low and Road hugging
4. Attitude, "here I come"
5. Attractive as a performance 2 door wagon for US and Euro urban high-income
6. Long wheelbase, good handling.
7. V-8 engine (might be a hybrid fuel Z-06 motor)
Design elements I have incorporated are:
1. Vista cruiser hump in the roof section
2. Camaro concept and 60:s Impala similarity in grille/front end.
3 V-shape on different places as hood, roof, rear etc. to make it
Interior is not done, might do if a client wants to complete it.
Name is ImpalaZ SS.
The Z is from the designer Bo Zolland. He can be reached at
We do rod, race, custom and new car concept designs in 3D